The HTX Internship Programme is designed for college, polytechnic and university students and graduates interested to learn and experience how we apply Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) to create solutions that keep Singapore safe and secure.
With the “X” symbolising our ambition to be a force-multiplier for the Home Team through science and technology (S&T), HTX develops and delivers cutting-edge technologies to empower the Home Team. Our science, engineering, and digital technologies are used to solve crimes, save lives, secure our borders, safeguard our data and systems, and enhance public safety and security.
Interns may choose to gain exposure to our capabilities in our numerous domains in four broad areas.
- Centres of Expertise, conduct research and development to build deep capabilities and work closely with Programme Management Centres to provide technical expertise on the domains.
- Biometrics & Profiling
- Chemicals, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear & Explosives (CBRNE)
- xData (Data Science and AI)
- Digital & Information Forensics
- Disruptive Technologies Office
- Human Factors & Simulation
- Land Systems
- Protective Security & Safety
- Q Team
- Robotics, Automation & Unmanned Systems
- Sense-making & Surveillance
- Programme Management Group (PMG), are responsible for the delivery of S&T projects to the Home Team Departments.
- Civil Defence
- Corrections and Narcotics
- Immigration & Checkpoints
- Nexus - Standards & Architecture Office
- Capability Sustainment Centres, are in charge of the sustainment of systems and platforms, and provide specialised inputs.
- Building & Infrastructure
- Platform Systems
- Capability Planning units, provide HTX-wide support in corporate functions (such as the delivery of core plans and resources).
- Central Procurement Office
- Human Resource
- Plans & Strategy
- Strategic Communications
As part of the HTX team, interns will have the opportunity to work closely with the Home Team Departments (e.g. SPF, SPS, SCDF, ICA), to gain valuable insights on how our technology is applied in real-world situations, in order to be operationally ready and to force-multiply the Home Team.
They will also have the opportunity to gain personal development and growth through direct exposure to senior technical leaders and mentors, and tackle challenging projects during their stint.
What we are looking for
Candidates should ideally possess the following characteristics:
- STEM disciplines/background preferred (Engineering, Computer Science, Sciences, or relevant specialisations).
- Skills relevant to the S&T domains and are tech savvy and collaborative.
- Curious, creative, driven, and mission-oriented.
- Commitment of at least 2 months for the internship period (Those who wish to intern with CBRNE are required to commit at least 4 months for the internship period).
Candidates with non-STEM backgrounds can consider interning with HTX's Capability Planning units.
How can you apply?
Applications are now open from 1 to 31 October 2023. Apply here!
On the last page of your resume, please indicate the following:
1. Your preferred internship start and end date (dd/mm/yyyy - dd/mm/yyyy).
2. Your top 3 choices of domains you wish to apply for, in ranking order.
1. Biometrics & Profiling CoE, 2. Civil Defence PMC, or 3. Plans & Strategy
Besides your academic background, do also share with us your experiences with S&T in school, such as in co-curricular activities, where applicable.
Please ensure that you have included all the required information in your resume before submitting your application. Any application with incomplete or missing information will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified between 4 to 6 weeks after the closing date. As part of the shortlisting process for this role, you may be required to complete a medical declaration and/or undergo further assessment.
Meanwhile, hear from our interns about their enriching experiences!