The HTX Internship Programme is designed for pre-tertiary and tertiary students interested to learn and experience how we apply Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) to create solutions that keep Singapore safe and secure.
With the “X” symbolising our ambition to be a force-multiplier for the Home Team through science and technology (S&T), HTX develops and delivers cutting-edge technologies to empower the Home Team. Our science, engineering, and digital technologies are used to solve crimes, save lives, secure our borders, safeguard our data and systems, and enhance public safety and security.
Interns may choose to gain exposure to our capabilities in our numerous domains in four broad areas.
- Centres of Expertise, conduct research and development to build deep capabilities and work closely with Programme Management Centres to provide technical expertise on the domains.
- Biometrics & Profiling
- Chemicals, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear & Explosives
- Data Science & AI
- Digital & Information Forensics
- Disruptive Technologies Office
- Human Factors & Simulation
- Land Systems
- Protective Security & Safety
- Q Team
- Robotics, Automation & Unmanned Systems
- Sense-making & Surveillance
- Programme Management Centres, are responsible for the delivery of S&T projects to the Home Team Departments.
- Civil Defence
- Joint Capabilities
- Capability Sustainment Centres, are in charge of the sustainment of systems and platforms, and provide specialised inputs.
- Building & Infrastructure
- Platform Systems
- Capability Planning units, provide HTX-wide support in corporate functions (such as the delivery of core plans and resources).
- Plans & Strategy
- Strategic Communications
As part of the HTX team, interns will have the opportunity to work closely with the Home Team Departments (e.g. SPF, SCDF, ICA), to gain valuable insights on how our technology is applied in real-world situations, in order to be operationally ready and to force-multiply the Home Team.
They will also have the opportunity to gain personal development and growth through direct exposure to senior technical leaders and mentors, and tackle challenging projects during their stint.
What we are looking for
Candidates should ideally possess the following characteristics:
- STEM disciplines/background preferred (Engineering, Computer Science, Sciences, or relevant specialisations)
- Skills relevant to the S&T domains and are tech savvy and collaborative
- Curious, creative, driven, and mission-oriented
- Commitment of at least three months for the internship period
How can you apply?
Applications for the July 2022 cycle have closed.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 30 days of the closing date. Please note that any applications with incomplete or missing information will not be considered.
Our next round of applications will open in October 2022. Watch this space!
Meanwhile, hear from our Summer 2021 interns and Yuki about their enriching experiences!